11.04.2016

How Long Will You Run?


"We have to face the pain we have been running from. In fact, we need to learn to rest in it and let its searing power transform us." ~ Charlotte Joko Beck

There is that point in time where we have to look at our pain. I am looking at it, now, in my life.
I am pausing in it to let the pain be felt and let it be the part of me that has been screaming for my attention for forty-one years.

Your pain is real. You can feel it if you stop for just a moment and let it call to you. It is calling you for your attention...and you let it keep calling...and it never goes away.

For me a deep, gaping, childhood wound that can no longer be denied or hushed or ignored or even wrestled with. It needs me to sit and hear it cry out. It needs me to say, "yes, I hear you."

What is your deep pain? Are you ready to look at it?

In the ManKind Project, we will stand with you while you say, "yes, I hear you."

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf 

No comments:

Post a Comment