5.16.2013

Four Archetypes from the Boys to Men Program

from the Boys to Men Program.

I am the Eternal, Golden Lover within all men.

Without me...

You will feel alone & not connected to other people and to the world. Nothing will excite you or turn you on. You will be depressed.

Too much of me and...

You will easily become addicted to what you want. You can't be loyal to anyone or anything. You will dream your life away and never be satisfied.

When I am with you:

You will have a sense of Wonder and see Beauty around you. You will know the joy of surrender and will love being carried away. You will feel like you belong.

You will know how to fall in love and you will not be afraid to be sad.

I am the Eternal, Golden Warrior within all men.

Without me...

You will let others run over you and tell you what to do. You won't be able to finish a project. You won't be able to defend what you love. You will be unable to suffer.

Too much of me and...

You will seek power & glory for its own sake and stay stuck in having to be a Hero. You will feel threatened by authority. You will always have to win. You won't be able to tell your Enemy from your Friend. You will look like a bully and your children will fear you.

When I am with you:

You will defend your own boundaries & the boundaries of others. You will serve a cause greater than yourself. You will know how to think for yourself. You will be able to endure pain and know how to stick it out to the end.

I am the Eternal, Golden Magician within all men.

Without me...

You will be unresponsive & dull. You won't have a sense of humor & will not get jokes. You won't care about much.

Too much of me and...

You will be a manipulator and will think other people are stupid. You will be a mean trickster. You will be aggressive in a passive way.

When I am with you:

You will be curious about how the world works. You will see beneath the surface of things. You will want to know the Truth. You will think about what you do before & after you do it.

I am the Eternal, Golden King within all men.

Without me...

You will be weak and give your power away. You will easily be impressed and your standards will be low. You will be invisible.

Too much of me and...

You will need to be the center of attention and will insult & put down other people. You will be obsessed with power. You will never be satisfied.

When I am with you:

You will feel generous and people around you will feel stronger when they are with you. You will be calm, compassionate, and strong. You will know what is important & what is not. You will be creative.

You will know where you are going in life. People will look up to you and you will bless them.

The Whole Man

I am the Whole Man. I am wild by nature and I have all the energies in me both gold and shadow. Inside me lives a deep Lover and a strong Warrior. Inside me lives a capable Magician and a just King. The Shadow aspects of these four are present within me too. I have a dark Lover and Warrior and a shadow Magician and King. It is my challenge to manage all of these energies. You are on your way to becoming a man and you will need to learn to contain all these energies. What energy do you feel strongest in you right now? Which one is weakest? Well done. You are taking your first steps toward manhood.

Love,

Christian, Butterfly Man

No comments:

Post a Comment