12.13.2012

A Thousand Miles Away From Here

"But the only time that seems too short
Is the time that we get to play
People you've got the power over what we do
You can sit there and wait
Or you can pull us through
Come along, sing the song
You know you can't go wrong
'Cause when that morning sun comes beating down
You're going to wake up in your town
But we'll be scheduled to appear
A thousand miles away from here"
Jackson Browne; from the The Load-Out, 1977



Today, I am reminded by this great old tune from my youth that there is only now. I am reminded to get up and sing, because tomorrow it is all new and today will soon enough be the past.

I am, reminded that, as a man, I was taught to keep reaching, striving, moving, and gaining. I was never taught to stop and see what is here now. To enjoy the now.

In the ManKind Project, I learned to stop and be here and now; even if that is only for 2 1/2 hours on a Thursday night during my igroup.

What are you missing, right now, because you aren't conscious of "right now"?

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/13/2012

    ...so people plaaaaay, just a little bit longgger...won't pleeeasee play, say you will...
    I love you Old-faithful...

    ReplyDelete