1.30.2012

Service in the World


In the ManKind Project, I and other MKP men are pushing ourselves to be of service in the world.

How does that look? Many MKP men volunteer their time to causes they believe in, they work in businesses that support their beliefs, they may even create non-profits to create a place for change and service.

For me, I do acts of service in many ways. For the ManKind Project, I am the Northern California Community IT and list-serve man. I staff NWTAs. I lead an MKP IGroup every week.

Outside of MKP, I support causes like the American Heart Association by doing Heart Walks which raise money for research and education to prevent the leading causes of deaths in this country. I also micro-volunteer through Sparked.com.

My latest effort to be of service is to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project by completing in a Tough Mudder event on September 29, 2012. The WWP does great work providing all manner of no-cost support to returning veterans of the Iraq/Afganistan wars. I support the awesome work they do!

Tough Mudder is a day-long physical and emotional challenge involving all manner of difficult obstacles along a 12 mile course. And yes, there's a ton of mud involved. I am doing the TM to raise money for WWP while celebrating being alive after having open-heart bypass surgery in August, 2010 and turning 50 in September.

My experience with ManKind Project men is that they are passionate about their lives, their families and the world around them.

What are you passionate about?

To help me raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, please click HERE.

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf






No comments:

Post a Comment