3.31.2011

1947

Jackie Robinson broke the major league baseball color barrier in the Brooklyn Dodgers' season opener against the Boston Braves in 1947. Playing first base, Robinson went 0-for-3 in his major league debut, but the impact he made on the America is immeasurable.

Those of you who read this blog regularly know that I am a baseball fan. But, more than that I am a fan of change and moving forward.

Doing men's work (changing me) is akin to Jackie Robinson walking to the batter's box for the first time. There's all kinds of voices, imagined and real, telling me to stay the same, stay snuggled in my ignorance or ego, stop trying.

You may think that you can't make changes like Jackie Robinson did. But, I am here to tell you that you can. Jackie Robinson was a man. That's all. He followed his path and stayed on it. You can do that, too.

How will you move forward today? How will you change you, and then change the world?

And by the way, GO Tigers!

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment