8.25.2010

Ascending

"Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no ascends alone."

Lance Armstrong from his book Every Second Counts



I have just been through open-heart bypass surgery at 47 years-old.

Afterward, I read Lance's book and was really moved by his view of teamwork. Here's a man who has won an individual title (the Tour de France) seven straight times and yet he is very clear that without the rest of his team, he would have been nowhere.

I feel the same way about my surgery. There were so many people that have helped me; my wife, family, friends close and not so close, my warrior brother Graydon, the surgery team, the ICU and recovery team, the list goes on and on.These are the people who have helped me ascend.

I could not have survived without them. I cannot imagine how to thank them all.

Being a man in the ManKind Project has helped me see what is in front of me; the joys, pains, struggles, all of it.

I hope you have something in your life that helps you see all that is around you and all that helps you ascend.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment