6.11.2010

Are You Living in a Cotton-Wool Tunnel?

You may have seen news about Abby Sunderland, a sixteen year-old sailor attempting to circumnavigate the globe and running into trouble in the Indian Ocean.

Her father, Laurence Sunderland, tells AP in response to criticism that it was far too dangerous to allow a 16-year-old to sail around the world by herself....."Sailing and life in general is dangerous. Teenagers drive cars. Does that mean teenagers shouldn't drive a car? I think people who hold that opinion have lost their zeal for life. They're living in a cotton-wool tunnel to make everything safe."

My family is a home-school family....so Papa Laurence...I can relate!

In the ManKind Project, I see men living outside the tunnel. I see men living lives worth living. I see men stretching past the nay-saying voices from those who have lost their zeal for life.

I am doing that with my family by home-schooling my two girls. I am doing that by trading on the Forex Market. I am doing that by typing this entry.

I am asking you to step into the world of risk; step into a space where you are welcome to be who you are; step into a space where you are encouraged and supported to be more.


I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

AP Photo/Richard Hartog/file

No comments:

Post a Comment