5.12.2010

The Small Voice

From the ManKind Project NWTA page:

Who Comes to the Training?

"During your training you will stand shoulder to shoulder with an immensely rich mix of masculinity, with occupations and ages as wide as masculinity itself. Whether they're corporate executives or high school students, all come to share a common understanding that their lives as men can be empowered with greater focus and direction, and that this personal initiation into manhood is crucial to their full development as men.

Some men come to heal. Some men come to find role models for positive and mature masculinity. Some men come to explore their Leadership abilities and expand their skills. Some men come to make a conscious transition for adolescent life to the life of a man. Some men come to find peace of mind in their transition to elder-hood. All men come because a small voice within them lets them know when it's time."

When I went through my NWTA, in Oct 1999, I was looking for more. More me, more friendship among men, more maturity, more accountability, more of who I wanted to be but could only seem to briefly glimpse.

I could blame my past experiences on any number of people and circumstances, but in the end it was my life and I needed a direction.

There was small voice lingering in there that said it was time to get off the mat and go. It was time for change and the voice kept after me for about a year.

The NWTA and MKP did not change me or the voice....I did that. But I did that with MKP men around me that I learned I could trust. They had my back in a number of ways and not least of which was telling me I was full of shit on more than one occasion.

I see all manner of men come to the NWTA and MKP. Do they have anything in common....not so much...except that small voice that they can no longer ignore.

Stop ignoring the voice and see what the ManKind Project has to offer you.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment