2.07.2010

Un-Comfortably Numb

"When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone

I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
but I have become comfortably numb."

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, from the The Wall, 1979

Becoming comfortably numb...hmmmm...I had to think a lot about that one. I think it really is more like uncomfortably numb.

Allowing yourself to become numb is not a comfortable place to be. I have found it to be anxiety ridden and very limiting. It can be debilitating in it's grip. Certainly not comfortable!

Taking a look at works for you, and doesn't, may be uncomfortable, but there is much to be gained. Staying stuck in the place where your dream is gone is a tragedy.

In the ManKind Project, men look at what works and what doesn't for each man. The changes may be uncomfortable at first, but in the bigger picture, wouldn't you rather be who you came here to be and be supported in that?

Men are here and waiting to be of service; to support you and your dreams. I am one of them.

Is it time?

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment