11.25.2009

Don't Be Fooled

On returning from the MKP NWTA in Northern California this last weekend, I remembered a poem that a co-leader man on the training shared on Friday morning before the initiate men came up the mountain for the training (see below).

I wanted to share it with you because it reminds me that men often say "fine" when asked how they "are."

Deep down, honestly ask yourself this, how many times have you said "fine" and you felt lousy, scared, alone, angry, loving, joyful, tender, alive, free, shameful, determined, alienated, frustrated, etc.? How many times do you choose to say fine when you really want someone to know that you are _______ (fill in the blank)? Get the picture?

MKP is about men finding the deeper stuff that is standing in the way of being alive in the world. It's about you being you, not pretending or hiding "you" behind words or actions.

I challenge you to step into the NWTA and see what is there for you.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

I Scream Out To You

By Mark D. Worthen, PsyD, Center Administrator, MKP-InterMountain Center

I scream out to you in a whisper of sorrow:
Hear me, please hear me.

Because I will declare to you,
"I'm fine, really I am."

Don't be fooled.
I am a deep blue lake,
frozen hard.

You do not need to assault me with your ice pick;
You do not need to--nor could you--melt me with your intensity torch;
No, you need only look for the thin cracks in the ice,
And the whisps of steam emanating from the
Glorious spring of sublime masculinity which yearns from below.

No comments:

Post a Comment