6.10.2009

Challenge the Voices



Life is full of voices in my head saying I can't do this and I shouldn't do that.

  • I was told I was too skinny and too geeky to have a loving, intelligent, kind, witty, beautiful wife...I am married to a loving, intelligent, kind, witty, beautiful wife.
  • I was told I should not try to look at myself too much because "you don't need to"...going against that voice has changed my life forever.
  • I was told I could not do math...I was a professional fabricator and built race car chassis' and parts and was a crew chief for a major professional race team.
  • I was told I should not aim too high or I might fail...I am a senior editor at a major university and am successfully trading on the foreign exchange market.
  • I was told I would never be taller than 5 foot 6 inches...I am 5 foot 10 inches and much taller than the voice who told me that.

What is your voice? Do you hear it holding you down? What voices have you overcome?

In my life, the ManKind Project has been a voice of "yes, you can," not "no, you can't or shouldn't."

I am asking you to challenge the voices! Now!

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment