10.29.2012

Watch the Donut, Not the Hole

"When you walk the streets you'll have no cares
If you walk the lines and not the squares
As you go through life make this your goal
Watch the donut, not the hole." B. Merrill



My littlest daughter has started listening to a great Burl Ives CD of childrens songs. She especially likes the Little White Duck. I am partial to the Donut Song. What I like about it is that it reminds me to stay present...something we men work on in the ManKind Project. Staying present allows me to be with my daughter while she is rockin' out to Little White Duck when I could be thinking about the other three thousand things I need to think about.

So to B. Merrill and Burl Ives, thank you for helping me be present in my busy world.

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf


No comments:

Post a Comment