6.06.2012

Splitting Hairs

"Michael Phelps," my seven-year-old says, "there's that man, again" as we pass a box with his likeness printed on it in the local Safeway.

I watched this swim when it happened and was blown away. Not because he is simply an amazing swimmer, but, because he is simply the most determined to win.

He looked solidly defeated when the race appeared over...and yet he was still crankin' away.

So I had to ask myself, where do I give my all and where do I give up three feet from the end. I am not out to win a gold medal, but I do want to be the best man, papa, husband, and friend I can be.

That's the work I do in the ManKind Project. It's not gold-medal producing, yet it does allow me the space to be better than I ever thought I could be.

Are you ready to be better than you thought you could be?

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment