12.08.2008

Integrity With Your Word?

What does it mean to you to be in integrity with your word?

I asked this question in my reader survey over the last week. Here's some unedited responses:

¬ For me, to be in integrity with my word means to keep, and be true to the intent of, my committments and agreements with others and with myself.
¬ I do what I say I'm going to do, or I consciously choose to re-negotiate my agreement. The consequence of this is that others see me as reliable and trustworthy, and can count on me to model consistency and congruity.
¬ I can live with myself.
¬ It means I do what I say...or I come back to you and change what I need before I can't make my commitment.
¬ I follow throught with what I say I will do. And I renegotiate when nessasary.
Integrity, for me, means that my actions align with what I say I am going to do. To be in integrity with myself, the men in my circle, and everyone else in the rest of my world, means that I have done what I said or agreed to do.

The ManKind Project is not here to police your integrity. The ManKind Project is about men taking notice of where they live their lives out of integrity. Other men may help you see where that is, if you aren't seeing it yourself.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment