From SoaringEagle at GrownUps New Zealand.
This is a post that describes the ManKind Project pretty well. Read on and sign up for the New Warrior Training Adventure.
When you look in the mirror, really look hard, do you see the man you really want to be?
-- Feel stuck, trapped, jammed up?
-- Want to improve your relationship with your wife or your children?
-- Feel like you need support with what's going on in your life, but don't know where to find it?
-- Plenty of opportunities for beer with the boys, but trouble making real friends?
-- Looking for opportunities to take on leadership?
-- Life on an upswing and looking for a way to "give back"?
I invite you to the 'New Warrior Training' (NWTA) - take a good, hard look at your life – transcend your limitations -start a journey towards becoming more empowered and centered in your family, work and community.
Be welcomed into a community of men governed by honesty, integrity and a level of trust that most men never know.
Our values are:
Accountability & Integrity: A warrior
* Is fully accountable for his actions and their consequences
* stands up and takes full responsibility for his life
* steps forward as a man without apologizing for who he is
* has an open heart and compassionate mindfulness
Connection To Feelings: A warrior
* connects with his feelings with his feet on the ground
* can clarify his feelings and express those feelings directly and authentically
* balances the depth of his heart with the wisdom of his mind
* is authentic
Leadership: A warrior
* steps up to lead or mentor
* puts himself on the line and takes risks, with the courage to be vulnerable
* is fully alive and present
* gives his gifts to the world with a sense of purpose and clarity, with neither
apology nor arrogance
* steps into his relationships fully - he is
-- able to commit
-- able to be intimate
-- able to listen with his heart
-- able to speak his deepest truth
-- The Blessing of Elders
Elder men are
* valued as repositories of wisdom, strength and unconditional love.
* honored for the "grandfather energy" that only an elder can provide.
* bless, counsel and gift younger men with the experience and learning they
have gathered though the years.
MKP (the organization behind the New Warrior Training Adventure) is a non-profit organization promoting men's support groups. MKP is in 9 countries worldwide. We have trained more than 40,000 men. It's all about helping men find purpose and directions in their lives.
The Wellington NWTA is September 26-28, at Camp Wainui, Coast Road, Wainuiomata. Here is some reference material about the weekend, about MKP, the non-profit organization behind the NWTA, and what other men have to say about the weekend:
About the training weekend:
Some writing and some videos from men that have been to the training:
About MKP NZ, and our community
We are all over the world: