8.19.2008

Four Stone Circle Man


A man asked me what the graphic at left was all about. So here goes.

I am in an I-Group in a California small town. A couple years back, when the group was created, I needed a graphic to sort of launch the group.

In the ManKind Project, we use the four male archetypes of the Lover, Warrior, Magician, and King
as part of our processes. So I started there.

The IGroup is called the Four Stone Circle and that gave me a point of reference. I created the stones of the archetype initials from a round stone graphic I found on the Internet. From there I used a stick-figure drawing I created in Photoshop. The graphic just started to have a life of its own.

The gold coloring is the gold we men all have in us. The circle represents the circle of men that meet every Thursday night in my small town and the greater circle of all men. The lettered stones are the four archetypes. He wears a talisman from his New Warrior Training Adventure weekend. The petroglyph-like man carries an object. It is up to you to interpret its meaning. I have found men really get involved in what the object is and what it means. I'd love to hear what you think.

Also, I must confess that the man is not wearing a loin cloth, except on this blog. More for you to ponder.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment