1.07.2008

Pruning and Men's Work

I live in Northern California and we just rode out a big storm.

Life is better for the trees now; all trimmed and pruned of old dead and weak branches.

It reminds me of the work I do in my ManKind Project iGroup.

I look at the dead branches that no longer serve me...prune them off... make room for new growth.

Sounds easy, right? Not so much. I have to own my dead branches and really look at how they have served me. Did they? Well, of course in some fashion they did; good or bad. Pruning them can be pretty hard work. Some are big, thick, gnarly-ass branches that I just can't seem to cut through. Others appear thick, but are really weak and ready for pruning. Sometimes the thin ones are really tough, too.

In the end I am a better, stronger, more flexible tree. I can lean into the wind and weather the next storm.

This is men's work. Are you ready? Step up; I will be there.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment