5.30.2011

Pouring Rain

I was riding my bike to work today........in the pouring rain......wondering to myself.......what makes a man let go of what doesn't work for him and launch into the unknown.

For me, one reason was the need to see myself as I am; not as who I was pretending to be for everybody around me. I was pretty tired of keeping up the image I projected so that I could keep others happy. It was pretty tiring trying to remember all the things I am supposed to be all the time; and pretty useless spending time doing that.

So, one day I woke up the fact that I was wasting a bunch of time and I really wasn't being me. Time to launch into the unknown...the world where I am who I am and you have no bearing on that.

In my weekly iGroup, I have come to learn that you have your own stuff around being who you are-and aren't-and that I have no bearing on that, either.

Now, the ManKind Project and the New Warrior Training Adventure did not change me, nor did it ask me to change. I changed me. MKP is just the place that where I am supported in the work I want to accomplish; where I change me. Men sit with me and we work on our "stuff;" mine and there's; we are there for each other and ourselves.

So, I would ask you...what would it take for you to let go of what doesn't work for you and launch into the unknown?

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment