11.07.2007

Cross to the Opposite Side

"In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
From the mountains of faith
To the river so deep
I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And it's too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide
I walk down every evening and stand on the shore
I try to cross to the opposite side
So I can finally find what I've been looking for"

The River Of Dreams, Billy Joel, 1993

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I gotta tell ya, being on the other side is so much better than where I was before.

For years I stood on the side of the river wondering what all the sadness and pain was about. I thought "is this it?" Is this all there is to life; puttering along with the status quo?

One night in October of 1999, I made the cross to the opposite side of the river.

Men, trustworthy men, were there to bless my journey and to say "I see you and your value." They stood with me while I challenged my life and my body to be better than I ever was.

These men, ManKind Project men, were men just like me that had made the crossing ahead of me.

Now, I am one of those men that has made the crossing ahead of you. Now, I hold the space for you to come and look at your life; to challenge yourself to be better than you could ever imagine.

I see you and you have value. Make the crossing. It's not too hard.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment