6.04.2007

Meeting in the Long House

"Since the dawn of time, men in every culture have met alone together to approach their gods and find their collective magic. Every young boy knows this instinctively - ‘No Girlz Allowed’. The women in our lives are now getting to appreciate, not be threatened by this. Because, all along, women have historically always gathered together on the most sensitive levels of Anima. Men have lost their true Male Spirit and have bought into substitutes - and are just now slowly regaining this sacred sanctuary. They come home to their families after men’s group as better spirited men.”

Aaron Kipnis, From Knights Without Armor, ISBN: 0-87477-704-6

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When I sit in a circle of men, I come to know what I am and who I am.

What I am is a man and who I am is so multi-faceted that there is no room to begin to write it down. All men are this way; simple as that, really. We all carry the same luggage and we are all infinitely different; and yet we can sit in circle and support each other in our journeys.

What the ManKind Project and the New Warrior Training Adventure bring to the table is a place for men to be who they are; not what they do or what their job is, just who they are.

There is no substitute for sitting in a circle of men; simple as that.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment