3.20.2007

Steps to My Present

One of the lessons I have learned while being involved in the ManKind Project is that my past is the steps to my present.

When I was a young boy, I wanted more than anything to win the Formula One World Driving Championship. I watched every race I could find; I dreamed; I finally strapped myself into a race car cockpit when I was 19; almost immediately discovering that that I was years too late getting started to ever consider a chance at the big time.

I was good. I could lap quickly and had talent. What I lacked was support.

The reason I am telling you this is that for years I beat myself up as if somehow I was to blame. In my world now, I realize there was no one to blame. Also, I have come to embrace that time for the time it was. It was exciting and I learned a great deal; many of the lessons I apply to this day.

My dream has come and gone. Recently, I tried a 100cc kart at a local track. I loved it. I felt some pain over the past, but by staying in the present I was able to feel the joy and the speed and the excitement again.

Want to change your perspective on the world? Take the training.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment