3.27.2007

Passion

"It makes you think twice about what you are doing and why? You don't do it for the money, because there is no money that can buy your life; there's no money that can buy you a pair of legs. Do you do it to be famous? Well, you can go to Hollywood to be famous. You don't have to risk your life at 250 mph to be famous. Do you want to be brave? If you want to be brave you go to the army. People will recognize you as a lot braver there. Then you realize you do it because you have passion for it. That was the conclusion that I came to, because I really love what I do."

Tony Kanaan, Indy Racing League driver, June 2002, RACER Magazine

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the ManKind Project, men are encouraged to live their passion; that may be a father or a race car driver or a fire fighter or a poet. Whatever it is, men often find the support and courage to make these life changes while attending the New Warrior Training Adventure or sitting in their iGroup after the NWTA.

I became a better father and drew up the courage to get back behind the wheel of a racing kart. I screwed up the courage to be me and stand in who I am when things get tough in my world. I became a better me, which no one else can be.

Follow your passion, brother. If that means taking the NWTA, than so be it. If not, find it somehow. The world needs you to be passionate about being you.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment