3.22.2011

Manliness

Today, I am posting a poem by a ManKind Project man from the northwest. I like his words so I pass them to you.

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf



Manliness

By Steve Norcross; from Aho!

I used to think that

Manliness

Had to do with being mean

I used to think that

Manliness

Had to do with never being weak

Or

Sad

Or

Grieving

Or

In need.

I have a long way to go in being

Manly.

I still sometimes try to get my way by being

Special

Or by manipulating others by playing

Helpless

But I am learning, a little every day

That a man

Can be

Manly

By being honest, and clear

And knowing what he wants and needs

And

Courageously asking for that

And supporting other men

In what they want and need.

The world is desperate for

Manly

Men.

Let’s, you and I,

Become

Just that.

Men

Who are becoming

manly

No comments:

Post a Comment