3.05.2007

Four Quick NWTA Questions -- 1; Reid Baer

Number 1 in a series of New Warrior Training Adventure interviews of men in the ManKind Project.

I am posting these interviews to show how men experience the New Warrior Training Adventure.

Thank you, Reid!

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Four Quick NWTA Questions

When and where was your NWTA?

February 1995, Sunrise Ranch in San Diego, CA

What motivated you to attend the NWTA?

My older brother recommended it. I did it for him. Then somewhere during my I-Group PIT cycle I remember coming to an “ah ha” where I knew I needed to make a commitment – for myself – to do my own personal work for the rest of my life.

If a man asked you why he should attend, what would you tell him?

First, I would ask him what is working in his life and what is not working. Then I would tell him that there’s a place where he and other men share whatever is going on in their life. It’s an accountability group, and a support group. I’d tell him I’ve been involved with the organization for a dozen years, and I’ve never found a better place where I can find men to trust who will help me with my deepest personal work.

What keeps you in the ManKind Project?

I’ve stayed because of the skills I continue to develop … I keep learning everyday by being an initiated man. Also, I like this network that introduces me to strange and wonderful men – inside and outside the Project. I get to have a local community, and an international one. Finally, I get to bring my writing gifts to this Project, and be blessed to help facilitate the talents of others. I get to live my mission in The ManKind Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment