12.09.2008

I Just Stand

"After you've done all you can
After you've gone through the hurt
After you've gone through the pain
After you've gone through the storm
After you've gone through the rain
Prayed and cried, you've prayed and cried
Prayed and cried, prayed and cried
After you've done all you can, you just stand."

From Donnie McClurkin, Stand, 1996

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are times in my day when I stand in my pain. I just stand because there is nothing else. I choose to stand in it.

There was a time, before my New Warrior Training Adventure initiation, that I would try every means possible to run from my pain. I would work or talk or watch way too much TV or eat.

Now, I stand in it. It is part of my past. It is part of my cells. It is what brought me here, in this place and time.

Come stand in it with me and the other men who wait to see you in your truth.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment