6.23.2011

What is Men's Work?

"We don't need to sit around and tell each other 'We're fine the way we are.' Nor do we need to beat ourselves up for our real and imagined shortcomings. What men's work asks us to do is tell our real stories. It asks us to be honest about the source of the pressures and anxieties so many of us feel and too few of us articulate. And once we've laid the truth out on the table, men's work invites us to support each other in taking positive action to change our lives and to change the world in which we live. But we can't move directly to the action without first telling each other the truth. And at its core, the goal of all men's work is to help men do just that."

Hugo Schwyzer



I find it somewhat difficult sometimes to explain to men what "men's work" is to me. This quote pretty much sums it up. The ManKind Project is the place I can do my "men's work" with other men who are working.

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

2 comments:

  1. Brother, I was reminded of yet another quote and thought I'd share it with you:

    "The real accomplishment in life is the art of being a warrior, which is the only way to balance the terror of being a man with the wonder of being a man."

    --Carlos Castaneda

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete