3.24.2010

What if the question is not...

"What if the question is not:

'Why am I so infrequently the person I really want to be',

but

'Why do I so infrequently want to be the person I really am?"

Oriah Mountain Dreamer

I suspect, like many of you, I was taught to conform to standards of good and bad that were not of my choosing. I was taught how to act, behave, conform, be accepted, etc. Sound familiar?

When I went looking for changes in my life, I found the ManKind Project and the NWTA. I needed answers for myself. I needed to learn to be me without all the past baggage and voices.

The NWTA didn’t give me answers to my life; the men that staff the training gave me space to find the answers for myself. I was fearful; sure, who wouldn’t be to some extent. What I found were men who cared not about who I projected outwardly, but about what was in my heart and soul and how they could be there to help me see it, too.

Coming to terms and understanding that I am a unique person didn’t happen because I attended an NWTA. It happened because I found a safe place in the NWTA and MKP to be open to different ideas of me.

I am now one of those men who I saw at the training weekend who stood with me and said, “go ahead, take the leap of faith, we’re here for you.” I am proud and honored to be a man among these men.

When was the last time someone stood with you when you took the leap?

Find it here. Find it with me.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment