10.26.2007

Awakening the Numb

"When men who have spent their formative years in extroverted action first turn toward the unknown country of the soul, they soon reach a desert -- the vast nothingness. Before rebirth comes the painful awareness that we have long been dead. Before feeling comes the dreadful knowledge that we have been anesthetized and are numb."

Sam Keen

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ten years ago I noticed the numbness. It enveloped me like a dark blanket. I could fix anything, create anything...but I had no clue who I was.

I walked into the New Warrior Training Adventure in October of 1999. I was afraid of what I might find in me, in other men, in the outside world. Fear is no place to lay your head. It ain't home. The ManKind Project offered me a place to awaken myself; to find a place to lay my head that wasn't cold, empty, and fear-based.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment