1.23.2006

You Are Welcome Here

When it comes to expressing my joy for this work, sometimes the words do not come. I do not have a prepared answer for how the NWTA, and in a larger scope ManKind Project, have touched my life.

It is clear I have a place to live my heart as it was intended, but beyond that it changes and is intangible at some times.

The piece below speaks to me in how the NWTA and ManKind Project open to men and their journeys. It speaks to me about acceptance.

I offer it to you.

I'm out.
Old-faithful Wolf
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All Is Welcome Here
by Miten
© 2002 Prabhu Music, www.MitenDevaPremal.com

Broken hearts and broken wings
Bring it all and everything
Bring the song you fear to sing
All is welcome here

And even if you’ve broke your vow
A thousand times
Come anyhow
We’re stepping into the power of now
And all is welcome here

See the father and the son
Reunited here they come
Dancing to the sacred drum
They know they’re welcome here
I see the shaman and the mighty priest
See the beauty and the beast
Singing I have been released
And I am welcome here

I stood alone at the gateless gate
Too drunk on love to hesitate
To the winds I cast my fate
And the remnants of my fear
I took a deep breath and I leapt
And I awoke as if I’d never slept
Tear of gratitude I wept
I was welcome here

So bring your laughter and bring your tears
Your busy lives and your careers
And bring the pain you’ve carried for years
All is welcome here
Freedom is not so far away
And there’s only one price we have to pay
Live our dreams till they fade away
And let them go

"The true purpose of our music is to awaken a longing in the heart for that which is omnipresent: the experience of silence and meditation. Osho once said something like, 'My whole effort here is to get you to slow down, to slow down so completely, that one day you simply stop.' And out of that moment of stillness ... of ‘no-mind’, comes the benediction. It is my hope that my songs bring with them a moment of peace and stillness to all those who listen. "

No comments:

Post a Comment