Part of my work in the ManKind Project is listening to and living the simple in life. Simple is hard for me in this world of work, responsibility, fatherhood, etc. Simple is a stretch for me.
I like the piece below because it reminds me of what I believe is true....but then I forget it.
My MKP iGroup** is a place for me to remember these simple things. The NWTA helped me along that path. I am sure it can do that for you. Come with me on the simple path. Let's see what there is to see.
**Men who have completed the New Warrior Training Adventure, or state their intention to do so within a specific time period, are able to join a Integration-Group (iGroup). Integration Groups vary in their admission policies, but generally invite men who are currently known to members, or have completed training. These groups generally meet once a week in the evening, and are a continuation of the process of doing personal work around life issues raised during the New Warrior Training Adventure weekend, and that arise in one's own personal life journey. The Integration-Group allows men the opportunity to stay connected to the MKP Men's Community and to important issues in their own lives.
Ten Rules for Being Human
by Cherie Carter-Scott
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.