1.14.2011

Change Starts With Me

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Gandhi




This is my wish for change...

Men will wake up and see their true power and strengths.
Men will see that they are responsible for everything around them.
Men will be accountable for what they do; how they do it; why they do it; the consequences of doing or not doing it.
Men will see the gifts they bring to the world.
Men will live in the now; stay present.
Men will answer, with integrity, the tough questions of their lives.
Men will be generous with the wonderful gifts they have to give.

In my MKP IGroup this is called projecting. I am projecting what I want onto other men. I am giving away my power to change by wishing it on other men.

I would be challenged by the men in my iGroup to restate this in simple I statements.

I sound like this…

I will wake up and see my true power and strengths.
I will see that I am responsible for everything around me.
I will be accountable for what I do; how I do it; why I do it; the consequences of doing or not doing it.
I will see the gifts I bring to the world.
I will live in the now; stay present.
I will answer, with integrity, the tough questions of my life.
I will be generous with the wonderful gifts I have to give.

In MKP, I am supported in making change in my life. Men (I) hold a space for me to change and look at what that change would mean to me and those around me. Men (I) support my struggles, my fears, my pain, my joy, my ambivalence, my mistrust.

I create the change I want to see in the world.

Will you take the steps toward change? Will you challenge yourself to speak for yourself and stand in it? Will you walk with me while I change me?

I'm out.
Bravehearted Old-faithful Wolf

1 comment: